You are a bride doing research on wedding invitations. You have never ordered wedding invitations before. You have done some research on the topic and know what you want to say in the invitation, but don't quite know how to say it. In the world of wedding invitations, making a decision can be hard. There are so many styles and colors to choose from. How is a bride supposed to find and order invitations? Well, here are some answers to your most pressing questions, designed to take you from shopping for your invitation to ordering it.
At Invitation Consultants, we want every bride to have the invitations that she dreams of. After all, your invitation will be the first glimpse that your guests will have of the wedding itself. Here are some steps from the experts to get you started.
- Don't be overwhelmed- There are a lot of colors and categories, but once you know what you want, it is easy. Think of your perfect invitation. What are the elements about it that you love? While your perfect invitation may not be exactly as you imagine it, try to pinpoint the things about it that you love.
- Know what you like- Look for the characteristics online of the invitations that you love. For example, if you love letterpress, take a look at our letterpress invitations. If your perfect invitation has layers, look at our layered invitations.
- Make an informed decision- Once you find a couple of invitations that you like, consider ordering a sample of these invitations to make a decision. Invitation Consultants will mail you a non-printed physical sample of the invitation so you can feel the quality of the stock for yourself.
- Make your choice- Make your decision on which invitation you would like to order. Start thinking about your wording. Who is hosting the wedding? You and your fiancé? Your parents? Someone else?
- Know what to say- Do your research on wording suggestions. We have many online that you can use or use parts of. Some have verses or quotes that you may be interested in as well. When ordering, be sure to include your date, time and location. When you are finished, read out loud what you have written to check for errors. Pay special attention to the spelling of places and names.
- Order extras, just in case- Consider ordering extra invitations if your guest list grows, or for mistakes. Reordering invitations can be costly, as opposed to ordering more than enough the first time around.
- Check your wording- If you have time, consider ordering a proof. Invitation Consultants offers proofs free of charge so that you can see your wording, professionally typeset in the font and format that you select. Also, it allows you to review your wording and make any changes before your invitations are printed.
- Send them out- Invitations should be mailed to your guests six to eight weeks before the event, if most of the guests are not traveling. If the wedding is a destination wedding or if there are many out-of-town guests, you may want to mail them ten to twelve weeks before the wedding. When addressing, use proper titles on the outer envelopes and informal names on the inner envelope, if you have one. View our Wedding Invitation Etiquette section for more!
Finding your perfect wedding invitations can be easier than you have ever imagined. Though options are a wonderful thing, don't let yourself be overwhelmed by Invitation Consultants online selection. Invitations can be easily narrowed down by finding the characteristics and colors of your perfect invitation. Don't be afraid to start shopping and order early, as this will only serve to help you stay on your timeline. Your perfect invitations are just a click away!