One of the most entertaining parts of being a bride or bridesmaid is planning the bachelorette party. Having a celebration to commemorate the end of single life is not just for men anymore. Bachelorette parties are a growing trend for pre-wedding events, because it gives the bride a chance to get together with her bridesmaids and have some fun. It can also be therapeutic to have a day with the girls in the midst of wedding planning.
All of our Invitation Consultants are very familiar with bachelorette party themes and coordinating invitations. We have seen many fun bachelorette party themes and ideas cross our desks, and are happy to bring you some of our favorites!
- "Pamper Yourself- A Weekend at the Spa"- This is one of the most popular bachelorette party themes, because it is the ultimate in luxury relaxation. Many brides choose to forsake the outrageous nightlife and embrace a day of massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. This bachelorette party also has many variations because you can actually go to the spa, or you can have all the spa fun at home, the choice is yours. Invitation Consultants offers spa-themed invitations that could also compliment your spa theme.
- "A Day at the Beach"- Taking a day at the beach does not have to depend on where you are. This can also be a destination bachelorette party. Have your bridal party break out the sunglasses and flip-flops for a day of sunbathing and relaxing. Even if you don't live near the beach, have a relaxing day of lounging by the pool. Complete the day with a lunch or barbecue.
- "Leave your Man at Home- Weekend Retreat"- This bachelorette party is best when it involves the bridesmaids retreating to a location close or far from home, but without their significant others, as this would be a girls-only weekend. Use your imagination to determine the location... Some popular destinations are New York, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Miami. The idea is to bond and have a mini-vacation together, away from home. Any kind of activity can be incorporated into this theme, but I suggest sampling the area that you choose by visiting the area's best restaurants and attractions and taking lots of pictures to commemorate the occasion.
- "Shop 'till you Drop"- The bonding element of this bachelorette party is all of the girls together with one common interest: shopping. Consider spicing this theme up by renting a limousine for your shopping pleasure. The shopping location is up to you. If you are near a metropolitan city, you may want to contemplate commuting there for the day so you and your bridesmaids will have an endless array of shops! An invitation with a handbag or shoe theme will complete the look.
- "One Night on the Town"- This bachelorette party is meant to be the traditional bachelorette party, and can be the simplest of all the possible themes. All you need is a group of your closest friends and a city with great nightlife. Consider having dinner beforehand and then proceeding to start the night off, and then proceed to your favorite hotspot!
- "Destiny Revealed"- Tarot cards, palm readings and fortune tellers- these are the common elements of the "Destiny Revealed" bachelorette party. Hire astrology readers and fortune tellers to give you a glimpse of the future. Don't forget to create your mood with décor in dark colors with silver accents.
A theme will add life to any bachelorette party, and so will the small details that add to the originality of the party. When planning your bachelorette party, don't forget to choose invitations that compliment your theme. The invitation is the first indication of what kind of theme that you will have, so set the mood for your bachelorette party with your invitation. The most important part of the bachelorette party is to have fun, so get the girls together and have a good time!